2DAY FM – Beat The Bell Back to School Contest– Rules and Regulations
These are the Rules and Regulations governing the Beat the Bell Contest.
1.(a) Contest Period starts on Aug 31st, 2015 at 8:15am, and continues until Sept 4th, 2015 at 11:59am, the Contest Closing Date (“Sept 4th, 2015”).
(b) Listeners to 2Day FM at 107.7 FM will be encouraged to enter the contest at approximately 8:15am during the contest period. No purchase, expenditure or investment is necessary to enter this Contest.
(a) To enter the “Beat the Bell” Back To School contest, qualifiers must call 2Day FM’s studio at (519) 272-9834 when prompted, and be children currently enrolled in Grades 3 to 12.
(b) To qualify, they must correctly answer at least two out of three “True or False” questions within a 30 second time limit.
(c) All 5 qualifiers at the end of the contest period will be entered into the Grand Prize draw.
3. The Grand Prize draw will happen once the final qualifier is determined on Friday September 4, 2015. A random draw will determine the winner of the Grand Prize.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded at the end of the contest period consisting of:
* A sightseeing flight over Stratford.
* $100 Gift Certificate towards any skating program from the Stratford Skating club.
* A $200 Gift certificate from Juno’s Children’s clothing.
* 1 hour of glow in the dark bowling for up to 6 people and 5 free regular games coupons from Mike’s Bowling Lanes.
* A Canon all-in-one printer and a Kingston 8gb memory stick from The Compudoc.
* From Infinity Dance , a t-shirt plus a $100 Gift Certificate toward a class of your choice.
* 2 Free Tutoring Sessions from Summit College – Approximate Value $100.
* A Limo ride home on the first day of school for the winner and up to 7 friends or family. Plus a limo trip around Stratford to pick up all the prizes from our sponsors.
(a) In order to win, selected entrant may be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill testing question posed at a mutually convenient time.
(b) Vista judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the
Contest and the awarding of prizes.
7. The 2Day FM Beat the Bell Contest is open to individuals who are currently enrolled in Grades 3 to 12; who reside in the province of Ontario, Canada within 100 km of the 2Day FM studios at 376 Romeo Street South, Stratford Ont); and live within the terrestrial broadcast radius of the Station. Specifically, “within the terrestrial broadcast radius of the Station” means that you have to be able to hear the Station’s broadcast on 107.7 FM from your residence, without recourse to a satellite radio, the Internet, cable television, an App (application), or any other non-traditional listening device or tool; except employees of Vista, their parent and affiliate companies; their representatives and agents; any persons residing in their respective households, and any immediate family members; AND employees of Stratford Air Services, The Stratford Skating Club, Mike’s Bowling Lanes, Juno Children’s Clothing, The Compudoc, Infinity Dance, Summit College, and Formal Limousine.
Grand prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged.
9. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her entry, name, address and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by Vista Ltd. and/or its advertising agencies, without further compensation. Winner consents to his/her photograph being taken by Vista for such use, without further compensation. All entries become the property of Vista.
10. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
- Vista Radio Ltd reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that it finds to be: violating the rules of the “Beat the Bell” contest; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process involving but not limited to the 2Day FM facebook page; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to threaten, annoy, abuse, or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the “Beat The Bell” Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the “Beat The Bell” contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Vista reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and to ban or disqualify an entrant from the applicable Contest and any future Contests.
12. Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible participants playing the “Beat The Bell” contest. Vista is unaware of how many entrants there may be.
13. All entries which do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Vista Radio Ltd. Vista takes no responsibility for misdirected, technical issues (phone, internet) or any other situations beyond their control.
- All entries become property of Vista who assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed damaged or misdirected entries or for failure of the Internet or Vista network during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, cell sites, microwave dish, antenna, computer equipment, software, failure of any communication or traffic congestion on any network or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s wireless device or personal computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading or sending any material in the Contest. Vista reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Vista corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any equipment or system or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Vista reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Vista is collecting personal data about entrants for the sole purpose of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants unless entrants provide Vista with explicit permission to do so as indicated at the time of entry.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Vista. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.