Things are back to normal on Erie Street after a natural gas leak.
Stratford’s Deputy Fire Chief Michael Gornyiczki says a call came in at about 9:40 p.m. A woman who lived in the area thought she smelled gas.
When crews arrived they traced the gas to a manhole. With the help of the Stratford Police and Public Works Erie Street was closed between Cambria and West Gore.
Residents on the east side of the street were evacuated. When Union Gas workers arrived they found and fixed the leak.
Erie Street was reopened at roughly 5:00 a.m. Tuesday.