Stratford News Snow buildup around homes still a dangerous problem SHARE ON: Patrick Grapes, staff Friday, Feb. 28th, 2014 The cold weather we’ve been getting is making sure the snow on the ground sticks around, and that could pose a danger to your family. Rod MacDonald is the Fire Inspector for the Stratford Fire Department. He tells us what the danger is: [sc_embed_player fileurl=”http://cjcsradio.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/mcdonaldco.mp3″] Carbon monoxide is both colourless and odourless, making it a “silent killer”. Clearing the vents around your home can help prevent the gas from building up. Having a working carbon monoxide detector in your home will soon be mandatory under Ontario law. The fire department says the best place to put a CO detector is near your sleeping area.