The cold weather we’ve been getting is making sure the snow on the ground sticks around, and that could pose a danger to your family.
Rod MacDonald is the Fire Inspector for the Stratford Fire Department.
He tells us what the danger is:
Carbon monoxide is both colourless and odourless, making it a “silent killer”.
Clearing the vents around your home can help prevent the gas from building up.
Having a working carbon monoxide detector in your home will soon be mandatory under Ontario law.
The fire department says the best place to put a CO detector is near your sleeping area.