Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeStratford NewsResidents credited with acting quickly after gas metre damaged at Stratford home

Residents credited with acting quickly after gas metre damaged at Stratford home

A well-coordinated response by first responders.

That’s what Stratford Fire Chief John Paradis tells MyStratfordNow.com took place Friday morning after crews were called out to a suspected gas leak in the Huron Street area.

Paradis says that winds had carried a gas smell towards the Shopper’s Drug Mart store where it was noticed by the people there who thought the store might be having a gas leak.

Firefighters arrived on scene and investigated with the store evacuated.

Using gas detectors to follow the fumes, they discovered that a line on a gas metre at a nearby home on the corner of Douglas Street had been damaged.

- Advertisement -

Union Gas staff pinched off the damaged line and made repairs to the line.

Chief Paradis is thanking the quick-acting citizens who called 911 immediately after discovering the situation.

Customers and staff were allowed back into the store and it’s back to business as usual.

 

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading