Stratford News Firefighters called to small kitchen fire at Stratford daycare SHARE ON: Casey Kenny, staff Monday, Sep. 13th, 2021 (File Image). No damage was caused and no one was hurt after a small kitchen fire broke out at a daycare in Stratford. Firefighters say they were called out to the YMCA Child Care Centre on Forman Avenue Monday morning after the alarm went off. A fire had started in the oven was quickly put out by two employees using a fire extinguisher. They then pulled the alarm and when crews arrived officials say there wasn’t much smoke. The scene was cleared and students and staff were allowed back into the building.