UPDATE: 5:20 P.M.
The Oxford Provincial Police have released few details following what is now being called a sexual assault investigation at the Queens Park Pavilion in Tavistock.
The site was cordoned off with yellow police tape for several hours on Thursday but has now been released and the park is open for regular use.
Constable Patti Cote is the media relations officer for the Oxford OPP and said in an email, “I can confirm that we are investigating allegations of a sexual assault between individuals that met online.”
An immediate follow-up email to Cote resulted in an out-of-office reply.
No other details have been released including if an arrest has been made.
A children’s day camp was moved into the Tavistock Memorial Hall as the result of the investigation.
UPDATE: 2:48 P.M. Thursday
The Queens Park Pavilion has reopened to the public in Tavistock.
Police have yet to provide an update on their investigation.
The Oxford Provincial Police remain tight-lipped about an ongoing investigation at the Queens Park Pavilion in Tavistock.
The site is currently cordoned off with yellow police tape as several officers remain at the scene.
One officer would not comment on the investigation or if there is any risk to the public.
An OPP media spokesperson is expected to release an update at some point Thursday.
An employee at the Tavistock and District Recreation Centre says the park is closed until police release the scene and a children’s day camp has been moved into the Tavistock Memorial Hall.
Police report the pavilion was the scene of broad daylight robbery earlier this week when an Apple MacBook and candy was stolen from Camp AllIWannaDo.
***With files from Lee Griffi