With nasty weather in the forecast for today and much of the weekend, Hydro One wants to remind your family to be prepared in case of an extended emergency.
The company highly recommends that people have an emergency preparedness kit at home and in your vehicle.
Hydro One suggests you include the following items:
• Water (recommend 2L per person/day)
• Canned or dried food that won’t spoil
• A manual can opener
• Windup or battery powered flashlight
• Windup or battery powered radio
• Batteries for your flashlight and radio
• A copy of your emergency evacuation plan
• Any medical items you require
• Extra Blankets
• Your community’s recovery plan
• Hydro One’s emergency power outage hotline number – 1-800-434-1235.
• Download Hydro One’s power outage app, available on most smartphones, to keep up-dated on power outage estimated restoration times
More information can be found at the Hydro One website.